Note that as an importer or exporter you have a particular responsibility to submit accurate documentation, and assist with the correct information about the consignment, for example documentation of origin.
Inadequate documentation can:
- Delay the consignment
- Stop the consignment
- Invoice with specified content:
- Invoice number
- Date and place
- Packages and weight
- Description of contents
- Delivery location and dates
- Particular conditions related to the invoice
- Documentation of origin/proof of origin
- There are two types of proof of origin; Goods certificate EUR.1/Eur-MED or Declaration of origin. You will find more information about proof of origin here
- Proforma invoice:
- A proforma invoice should reflect the goods’ true value
- Used if the receiver are not paying for the goods, for example samples or gifts
Customs clearance documentation is also an important factor when applying for a VAT settlement from the Swedish Tax Agency, ref. Act relating to Value Added Tax
eCare provides you with a complete overview over all consignments and their related documentation such as customs clearance, bill of lading and invoices etc.
Need help with customs clearance? Contact us, we are happy to help!