Note that as an importer or exporter you have a particular responsibility to submit accurate documentation, and assist with the correct information about the consignment, for example documentation of origin.
Inadequate documentation can:
- Delay the consignment
- Stop the consignment
- Invoice with specified content:
- Invoice number
- Date and place
- Packages and weight
- Description of contents
- Delivery location and dates
- Particular conditions related to the invoice
- Documentation of origin/proof of origin
- There are two types of proof of origin; Goods certificate EUR.1/Eur-MED or Declaration of origin. You will find more information about proof of origin here
- Proforma invoice:
- A proforma invoice should reflect the goods’ true value
- Used if the receiver are not paying for the goods, for example samples or gifts
VAT: Customs clearance documentation is also an important factor when applying for a VAT settlement from the Swedish Tax Agency, ref. Act relating to Value Added Tax
eCare provides you with a complete overview over all consignments and their related documentation such as customs clearance, bill of lading and invoices etc.
Need help with customs clearance?
Request a quote for Customs Clearance